Thursday, 4 May 2017

GameJam Week 2

After the interchange week we got back to work on the game and with most of the preliminary concept art done I started work on the level layout and giving art direction to the others in my group focusing on 3D assets.


The first level plan I proposed was to designed to imply that a full version of the game had more to offer. Initially I wanted the player to start in a smaller tower/island which would have a tutorial inside. Upon completion the player would have to journey across a bridge showing them the next tower and multiple future towers (that would not be in the prototype). This would give the player a sense of scale and expectation for the rest of the game. However we ultimately decided that this would not be a good idea moving forward as the others would have to model the outside aw well the inside so we decided instead to have a decorated interior hall to wow the player in place of the bridge.


I then started working on the inner layout of the level regarding puzzle room placement alongside the platforming sections. The rest of group wanted a sense of upward progression so I thought that the best way to achieve this would be having the puzzle rooms rotate up around the core of the tower, separated by platforming sections.















I then began work on some alpha patterns that can be used for normal and emissive maps alongside providing extra concept art for boxes and debris that had been requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment