Thursday, 11 May 2017

GameJam Week 6(Final)

With everything coming together I began work on the final puzzle designs that had yet to be implemented. For the final puzzle we wanted something that incorporated all the mechanics that we had used so far as well as the additional mechanic of colour coded blocks and pressure pads. For this I designed a preliminary puzzle just before the final puzzle that would introduce these colour based mechanics to the player.

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

This initial design was to large and complex for the area so we had to simplify it. 

No automatic alt text available.

Our general idea that we had come up with for the final design was to have a sequencer puzzle in the centre made up of different coloured blocks which would be funnelled into it by four separate puzzles. To ramp up the difficulty I placed standard blocks in the middle of each puzzles which the player would have to navigate around in order to complete the puzzle. Sadly we could not get the sequencer working in this area so we decided just to have the four puzzles instead as we knew we could get it working.

No automatic alt text available.

Size was also an issue with this design as the area we had designated for it was not large enough. I re-drafted the design to compress and streamline it. As we no longer needed a sequencer in the centre we could just have four pressure pads instead, saving a lot of space. Along with this I made a bunch of small adjustments and rearrangements to the rest of the design uuntil we had something that we were all happy with.

No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

Post a Comment